View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 04:20 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Morning all - just woke up from a 8.5 hour sleep. Unburdening my feelings before sleep seems to work a charm.

No real plans for today apart from cooking a roast. I've got a lovely bit of beef given us by my mate who works for a butcher so I'll do the full works today as I've got nothing else to do! Cauliflower cheese, Yorkshire puddings, toast potatoes and parsnips, swede and beef makes the best gravy.

Thanks for all your support last night, if I was allowed I'd invite you all round for dinner. I've got a lovely bottle of Lilt (I believe it's a vintage) chilling in the fridge so drinks well taken care of!

I don't know what Lilt is but I guess it is a nice sparkling water or something?

I am coming anyway, even without the invite. It has been years since I have had a proper English roast. And actually I am thrilled to the max, because I have needed someone to talk yorkshire pudding with for ages. I used to make it all of the time and it has been so long that I can't remember my measurements. Or which flour. Moving here has confused me because they don't have plain and SR Flour, it's called all different stuff and you have to make your own SR flour....nope....I bought some from England.

I hope you have fun cooking all of that. I imagine you are in the middle of all of it right now. I think I can smell the roast. s