Old 04-29-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Damaged2

Originally Posted by Ituvia View Post
I guess it's because I've invested over eight years of my life. And that feeling of wanting to turn it all around or sticking it out during the bad times. I have intense fear to start everything over. To start from the scratch again. When we got married I thought we were going to build a life together. And now it's all crumbling.

Ituvia - Thank you for coming on to this forum and for sharing your heart. I have been with my AH for nearly 29 years and I am struggling with a lot of what you have already written. I appreciate that you've been together for 8 years, but I would caution you that if it's like what you describe now, it's only going to get worse in the future. I know it's hard and I can't even begin to advise you on what to do because I'm in the middle of that process myself, but I can tell you that things only get worse. 8 years might seem like a lot of time (and it is), but triple it and imagine your life then. Starting over sucks....but there could also be some wonderful surprises waiting for you.
It doesn't matter how many years there are --- if someone has an addiction that they aren't doing anything about, things will just get worse and worse and worse. And the longer you're in it, the harder it will be to get out. (speaking from experience on this)
I wish you peace.