View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
sodasoba

Re: Class of April 2020 Part Two

Thanks ppl.
Its the hardest day of the week for me. I live solo and I work from home. Late Saturday afternoon it usually kicks in. The negotiations start around just drinking on the weekends. You'd know the discussion I'm sure. I had a few days earlier this month, Saturday arrives, got the slow cooked curry on and went out for the evening hours' walking. Half way round and I could taste the red wine, cold autumn evening, winter coming. Two thirds of the way around and realised it was pointless just buying a bottle as I'd just drink it and need to go out for another. So it had to be a small cask. 2 litres.

Once home.....sort of lost interest in the curry, they're better left overnight anyway, right?. Sat up watching netflix into the small hours and did I really drink that much of it?
The end of April's first run at sobriety. But did last Sat....so will have to repeat the trick.

Have a good day everyone.....a strange day in this country, as a national soldiers memorial day. But without the usual marches, ceremonies and commemorations that have never been suspended before. On we go.....