View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 01:30 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
sodasoba

Evening all,

Agreed, Reid.

Closing out day 8. Down here in Australia we are heading into Autumn....clocks have been turned back so evenings becoming shorter. Autumn is very beautiful here, the trees changing, the last of the fine days, clear and crisp.
When sober, I try to walk for an hour each day....usually evenings. The dog walkers and runners are out in numbers, pounding down the boardwalks along the rivers here. Lately it seems as tho there are more ppl about, restauarants seem to have customers buying takeouts, the only thing they can serve for the moment. There is a cautious sense that the initial threat of this thing is perhaps receding...... Ordinary life seems to be stirring again.

So.....a good time to try and establish a sober routine. Which for me means life becomes easier, productive and happier. Until it becomes routine and dull same same. Then I fall off and return to the drinking life. Best I've done is about 4 months. But not in the last year. The last year it all has stepped up another notch.
So I've brought myself back here. But, I'm afraid there's no plan in a plastic binder with inspirational quotes, just a growing need to leave that life behind.

later