Old 04-19-2020, 03:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by Aellyce2 View Post
I really wish people in NYC would just stop the daily honking and screaming at 7pm already. I don't even know what kinds of people engage in this habit daily exactly at the same time to the second, for weeks... many elements of the noise definitely sound like coming from the same source every day where I live. It is getting creepy, intrusive and self-centered to continue with this for weeks, IMO. I can only hope that my neighborhood will not start singing or playing music out loud - I definitely would not perceive that as a sign of love, good community and solidarity and I know I am not alone with it. Do something meaningful and respectful to express your appreciation, people!
OK rant over
I agree in part. When the videos of Italians singing on their balconies and applauding healthcare workers began it was wonderful and really lifted the spirits of everyone. But that lasted about a week to 10 days and then we all started to realise singing and dancing on balconies was just not the right "mood" for the occasion. Solidarity, yes, but the singing amidst all the deaths just started to take on a sour taste to everyone.