Old 04-18-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by entropy1964 View Post
I'm posting perhaps too much about COVID -- it's probably starting to look like I'm obsessed. I hope that if anyone is freaked out by curves and statistics, they've already put me on "ignore." Hey, today's local numbers are happy-making! Watch that cubic trend approach 0 new cases!

I dunno. I think that's what these threads are for. Its hard not to be both frightened and fascinated by this. And I hope that doesn't offend. But the science, the politics, the emotions, the psychology is all kind of amazing. I keep hoping that some kind of global human consciousness can come out of this. That this tiny blue planet is all we have and that we cannot beat nature. We have to work with it. Or it will eliminate us.

Imagine if we took our global expenditure on warfare and weapons of war and dedicated half of that to poverty and pandemic preparedness. I mean, we can stop killing each other. Mother nature has got this!
Entropy, you said exactly how I feel, "frightened and fascinated.".

I keep looking up information about the Spanish Flu. Apparently that pandemic really changed the world. This one will too.