Old 04-10-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I also saw that about the underreporting due to undocumented deaths earlier. That is disturbing also in a sense that so many people drop down dead in isolation.

The whole testing thing definitely needs a lot of improvement. Including the attitude of testing staff - when I went to the hospital yesterday to find out they had given me the wrong kind of appointment, the nurse spent about 5 minutes explaining in a rather arrogant manner that it made no sense for me to be there for swab after 12 days of symptoms. Of course, but explain it to the scheduling staff or whoever handles the patient reports and scheduling. I also hear from many sources that people who want to see a doctor and have COVID testing outside of the ER are still turned down a lot, and often in similarly arrogant ways. Of course everybody's stress is understandable, but they should make more effort in handling patients, so that people are actually comfortable seeking help and feel that they qualify. Right now the media are making somewhat enthusiastic reports that finally the flattening of the curve has started - but how reliable and real is that?