Old 04-07-2020, 12:50 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

MantaLady, you’re not a failure, as Saou says, our addiction robs us of this.

I keep these words a very wise lady wrote to someone on SR once. Can you remember them?

A lot of us here once said the same thing, and with this being a progressive disease many of us have gone on to drink drive going against everything we believe in and what we believe we are capable of. I said I would never drink every night, then I did. I said I would never drink more than a bottle a night, then I did. I said I would never drink during the day, then I did. I said I would never drink first thing in the morning, then I did. I said I would never drink drive, then I did. Alcohol strips is of our very soul and stamps on our moral compass. I could very well have been in this situation myself. With each relapse the further down we go, no matter how far down there is always another layer beneath.

Alcohol does strip our soul and stamps on our moral compass. That resonated with me what you wrote.

I’m sorry I missed your earlier posts.

We’re in difficult times here and with our addiction on top it we need each other, lean on us..constantly.