View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

How about painting pots and planting flowers? You can force bulbs inside. Then give the plants and pots to a retirement home or hospital. By the time the bulbs are up, the weather will be warm enough for them to be outside in gardens or sanitized and inside. You could build and paint birdhouses, make bird feeders. Some places, people are confined to their rooms, their windows and what they see out of them, are their comfort.
We are making fairy doors for stumps in our woods lol. My friend makes fairy stumps she hides in her woods, (personally owned, check your local laws) for her grandkids to find.
Are the rocks you do, the mandalas of peace? You could do something similar on scrap wood too. Years ago there was a barn quilt tour. You painted your favourite quilt block on your barn and people drove around looking for them. There was a whole tour too. You could do the mandalas and put them in your window. A lot of people are doing art in their windows in the towns.

For me personally, I love to make fermented foods. I experiment with different veggies and fruits in brines and vinegars. I make my own salad dressings, I infuse oils. I like to garden, do needle point. Basically a 90 year old trapped in a 40 year olds body. I even play canasta lol.