View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChosenMamaOf3

Unhappy Helping A Loved One Who Is Also A Addict

I am almost at my 3 year Sobriety date! However I have a Sister who is also an Addict but she is still in her Active Addiction. She has been using for almost 2 years. I love her so, so much and I know First hand what she is dealing with and facing! I just want to help her. How do you help when you also don't want to risk your own Recovery? I know what all I have endured whilst in my Addiction, all the low's and hitting my rock bottom to all the pain and suffering I dealt with! Also how I got clean and Sober and my long road to recovery! I know what helped me and the steps I took, however every Addict is different and every Situation not the same.
Within the First year of her Addiction she tumbled downhill fast! She had lost her two Children 5 times, 4 of which my Husband and I had Custody of each time. They were just babies then. Now they are 4 and 5. The Court has finally had it going back and forth with her, and nothing changed! The children were taken this last time and put into Foster Care, and she was once again told to do the Simple Few steps for her to regain custody back of the children! She did absolutely nothing! (I don't know how as a Mother you can not fight for your children) She was taken back to Court and told if she didn't start taking measures that they were going to Terminate her Parental Rights and they would be Adopted out...Permanently! For the last 2 solid years she kept putting everything off and doing the absolute bare minimum. Her last court date she couldn't even show up, to show she even cared enough about her own Children. and unfortunately they were Adopted out and Terminated her Rights! So now my Husband and I have to Fight like hell to get them back and Adopt them! So whatever Advice big or small would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!