Old 03-19-2020, 07:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
comtnman740

Hey guys,
So i wanted to provide an update on what is going on with my Father and I. It helps to get it down. : ) As i said above i received a random text saying that he wasn't coming out and he had to get back home to take care of things. I asked him what was going on and didn't hear anything back. Well it's now mid-week and i'm still wondering if he was going to reach out and let me know what is going on and that things are ok. Well nothing until last night when i go on my Facebook page and it's basically a reply to one my posts to "get a full time job". That's it! I can't believe this man? #1 i've been working fulltime for a couple of months now and he has the audacity to just post something like that without even calling/explaining/apologizing about what happened with his scheduled trip to see me. Now the post was late so i know he was drinking and i know full and well that he is an alcoholic and he's destroyed many relationships in his life. If anyone i should know but that doesn't make it any easier. So i wrote him last night basically asking him to explain what happened. I think we've reached a point where i may need to go "no contact" with him. He causes me more stress then happiness. I'm really bummed about this because i already don't talk to my mother because she's verbally abusive. I know one thing is true i have to take care of myself, my serenity and sobriety. I would appreciate any feedback people have with abusive/drunk parents. Hope everyone has a SAFE and happy day!
Garrison