Old 03-15-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! NL, I totally get it when it comes to your work and the ways you have to consider the community before the workforce - my previous job was exactly like that, and I feel so guilty for saying this, but it's nice to be able to think of myself and family first for the first time in 18 years. Especially when my kids were younger, I was constantly put in a bind because the schools closed frequently and last minute, while our offices remained open no matter what - even if no one came into them. I can see how government is in a serious bind, because on one hand they need to allow employees to make choices to protect their health, and on the other hand, they exist solely to serve the public. Hopefully, your operations don't come down to a few dedicated people who bear the brunt on behalf of everyone else at the expense of being able to care for their own families.

Our mandatory telework was extended until the end of the month. I'm not sure whether my interview will actually happen, but I'm looking forward to it if it does. In the meantime, it's unbelievably amazing to have some time to organize the mess that my home (and life) has become over the past 6 months. I feel incredibly grateful to be able to do things like make a decent dinner and check in on my parents. I was over there yesterday, and my mom is not doing well with her dementia, it's sad and I feel helpless. More on that later.

Battery about to die, check in later!