Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 11:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
snitch

I got myself onto AA got a sponsor and started working the Steps which are changing me as a person. I joined the class of April 2018 and post daily. Spend time on SR reading stories of hope . The relapse stories like you help to keep me sober too because I know what is waiting for me if I pick up a drink. Read the daily readings on the site here from the 12 step forum. I read books on alcoholism and watched documentaries. Listen to podcasts... AA speakers especially , they are great. Pray. Keep in contact with other alcoholics. Daily gratitude list. Try to be kind and helpful to my fellow human beings! Meditate. Stay away from wet places as much as possible.

This is my medicine to treat my alcoholism. Of course there is alot of other stuff I do as well , yoga, exercise, get together with friends for coffee, lunches, do fun things with my daughter, swimming, walking especially down on the beachfront near where I live. Things that are good for my soul. These do not treat my alcoholism. My alcoholism centres in my mind. It is the atiff in my first paragraph that treats that.

i also have to fully concede to my innermost self that I am an alcoholic. There will never be a time that I can drink safely or moderately.

Well done for getting straight back

🙏❤🙏❤