View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gingerpeach

Not sure if I should tell someone

My EXABF is a healthcare professional. I ended our relationship because along with daily alcohol use he was using marijuana (which is illegal in this state) he'd lied and said he'd quit. I also learned about many other drugs that he used in the past as well as the time he'd been dealing in college to support his habit. He was so hooked on marijuana he had one of those bags of fake pee people can use to trick a drug test strapped to his leg for a year while at his previous job (current boss participates in after hours pot use). I blamed the drug for his self absorbtion. I gave a lot of thought to which came first the drugs or the narcissistic tendencies and ultimately decided it didn't matter.
I live in a big city with a small town feel. I've heard from several people, some know I dated him some don't, negative things about him as a practitioner (bad bedside manner, rude, narcissistic, quality of care not as good as the clinic owner). I have not started these conversations and have mostly dwelled on their statements and moved on. But I was talking to my massage therapist and mentioned regular massages seem to be working better than adjustments did for me in the past. And she brought up that an acquaintance of hers told her she is never going back to the clinic because EXABF is always high at work. That he is "shrooming" while working on patients. This could be false he never used to adjust me after work because he'd always had a drink before I got there but it is believable that his addictions have progressed. I feel like I should tell someone but it is just a rumour. He could injure or kill someone if he's working on patients while high! According to him he'd done something bad at his last job that he wouldn't tell me about but his boss knew about before hiring him. His boss is his friend, pot smoking buddy, and landlord. I'm contemplating sending a message to his boss's wife as a heads up that this rumour is out there and may or may not be true. I went on a couples vacation with them and got to know her (she knows about the after hours pot use it was happening in her basement). Even if she doesn't care about drugs after work, during should be a problem and they could be liable because it is her husband's clinic.
I'm worried about my feelings of guilt if this is true and I don't say anything and he injures someone. The last couple days all I keep thinking is should I send the message or just back off and let things play out how they will?