Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drink2Destruct

Introduction

Not new to this site, just new to this username. I don't wish to relive all of my past failures, horror stories, etc.

A little bit about me: I am in my mid 30's, have 1 child that I have partial custody of and a decent, stable job that I have managed to hang on to through all of my drinking - even though I had to take a demotion a couple of years ago b/c I got a DWI and the position I was in required a driver's license.

So, like I said, there was the DWI plus 2 inpatient treatment facilities, a divorce, multiple wrecked vehicles which always results in lies to everyone about how it happened, fights with random people, blackouts that caused me physical injuries, being mentally and physically ill, lost time with my son, family, friends, etc. Do you think any of this stopped me from picking up a drink?? No way!!

Well, after another embarrassing, destructive and drunken night recently of which I will not go into great detail... I am going to try this sobriety thing again. I have got to get this right someway, somehow. If not, I will end up dead or in prison, there is no doubt in my mind.

I don't know what my plan is yet and I would rather not dive into that right this minute. At the very least, I know that this is a good jumping off point (being on SR). Just wanted to introduce myself and ask for your support. Today is day 2.