View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GreatInquiry7

How to think about juggling lifes needs?

Hey all -

Unfortunately am on Day 2 again, after a very long bender.

It's seem to have changed, I used to go out all the time on these benders, but now its progressed to trying to hide it alone, in house - and not being able to stop very easily at ALL (wonder if this is common)?

I'm developing a new plan, and drinking lots of water, etc. Thankfully, it doesn't seem TOO bad this time besides foggy mind, anxiety (although day 1 was pretty bad).

Anyway -

I'm wondering how you guys make think about juggling life needs in early days.

I feel super overwhelmed because in that bender, I obviously slacked off on anything - fell out of the gym, work, everything pretty much.

Feeling like I'm tugging between focusing on beginning days while trying to upkeep all life necessities before.

Because I can hardly focus/think on day 2 - which makes it feel even more overwhelming because I can hardly do what I need.

I'm trying to catch up with work, debloat because I'm now quite bloated lol, upkeeping some relationships, etc. Have a LOT of cleaning and laundry to do bc I also neglected it.

At the same time, feeling bad about myself for losing it again - life was going well on all fronts before the relapse, and just beating myself over it.

Also trying to upkeep things because I don't want to lose more than I already did do to this (health, money, etc.).

Anyway - a bit of a ramble but my question to you guys really is

How do you think about relaxing, recovering in early days, while trying to upkeep all other areas of life?

Of course, I want to upkeep some things that are good - gym, work, etc. but... I feel guilty if I don't, and makes me feel worse.

Maybe the answer is one thing at a time, slow.

I think not knowing how to think about it, is slowing down on both sides of the spectrum, because then I just get anxious and don't do anything, and overthink it all.

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you