View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

Getting rid of delusions..

Like many who in my 'drinking days' lead the delusional life of an alcoholic. Bearing in mind alcoholism is often referred to as the Disease of Perception or Delusion with, as it suggests in the book, 'Alcoholics Anonymous' the main problem for the alcoholic centering in the mind.

I'm often surprised and then use it as a timely reminder who have recovered by simply doing no more than stopping drinking,which is no doubt good for their health,families and bank balances etc. but does little, except for those things I've previously mentioned for their state of mind.

In which,like it or not we all live and is the only thing, in reality we have control over in our perceptions, judgements,opinions and desires see Epictetus,'The Manual'. So that the delusions suffered inn their 'drinking days' continue to dominate their thoughts continuing into their daily lives in one form or another. A very pertinent fact that I've found, soon becomes increasingly obvious the more you get to know them.

It doesn't take long to realise that the only way, even I've found in my sobriety is to change your perception along the lines of Sun Tzu in his book,'The Art of War,' which is about life itself really,' You must control events, otherwise events will control you.'

In which I include delusions, both my own and other peoples.