View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AwkwardKitty

Worried about the weekend

So I'm on day 52 alcohol free, and this weekend my husband and I have arranged a rare child free date. My brother is looking after my son and we are going to a board games cafe for games and tacos, then to the cinema early evening. We should be home by 9pm.
But I'm getting really worried now and questioning if I should go.
My husband originally said he would drive but when I said this earlier he looked aghast "what all night?" Then he agreed to drive and said well he can have a couple of drinks with dinner etc.
I've now started to panic. I dont think my husband will not drink I think even though he's agreed to drive he will be peeved about it when we are out because it's restricting him and not letting him have fun.
My point of view is that my husband has been out the past 2 weekends whereas I rarely go out, so I'd love him to just go for coffees and soft drinks to show me support but I recognise this is unfair (I may also mention hes currently halfway through a bottle of red after a hard week at work. I've generally not minded if he has had a couple of drinks in the house here and there as we dont drink the same stuff anyway).
It will be saturday night in an area where theres lots of nightlife. The games cafe and the cinema sells alcohol but I'm ok with that generally but now I am starting to panic there'll be too much temptation and especially as my son is staying away, the AV may try and wrestle control.
I don't know what to do. I need some form of social life and fun and time for myself, I'm desperate for it. But is this too much too soon? I'm literally in tears here agonising over it. What if the AV wins and I drink in the moment?