Thread: Entertaining.
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

I've found this shifts with time. In early recovery I had to keep it out of the house, and I found people drinking annoying. After a couple of years I didn't care anymore. My family all drink, and I wanted to spend time with them. I wanted them to visit. Friends, too. Most drink, and a lot of them smoke weed. I no longer mind people drinking when I go out, say, to eat or see a band. What was once annoying has become maybe humorous or sometimes a little sad. The past few years I've had beer or wine in the house for weeks at a time because guests would bring a six pack or a bottle to a dinner party and leave it if they hadn't been opened. I'm not tempted. I just keep it until a guest visits and wants a drink. This may sound odd, but the bottom line is people drink. People get high. And most of these people are employed, maybe educated, not even on probation! Lol. All that said, I no longer invite people over who I suspect will get ridiculous, whether due to alcohol or other drugs or not (well, save some family members, but I'm free to tell them to shut the freak up or go to bed). People tend to behave around me, though. I respect them. They respect me. The longer I'm sober the more irrelevant alcohol and other drugs have become. I don't drink. Period. And take that smoke outside, please. The rest is just the ever-bouncing vibration of existence...