View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

I've vaped for 7 years. I still use, gasp, nicotine. I have no intention of stopping. I started smoking at 9 years old. It's hard to put into words how much better I feel now. I breath so deep and clean and unobstructed. It's really great after decades of smoking. I enjoy vaping and the thought of a cigarette and breathing like that again hurts.

Nicotine itself isn't as bad as the media leads us to believe. It can kill you in a high dose but so can chocolate! At least in America it's like people take these ideas the media puts out and run with them. Nicotine isn't the best chemical to put in your in your body, yeah, neither is the caffeine yet millions down coffee from Starbucks or dunk n donuts everyday.

It's not the nicotine that kills smokers. The damage comes from inhaling smoke. Vaping is similar to breathing in shower steam while smoking is more like a campfire.

The media has done an incredible job demonizing vaping. There are reputable vape shops all over that sell safe products. They take the business seriously. They card and don't sell to children. Its these gas station products, ciga-likes, juul, and what not that get in the hands of children and mess it up for the rest of us. Then there is the THC vapes and black market products. No one is getting sick from reputable products. There are roughly 10 million people using these products in America and have been for years and now a relative handful of strange cases pop up and it's a crisis. While half a million die per year from cigarette smoking and no one is talking about bans on them. Kinda strange. The real crisis is politicians counting on cigarette tax revenue that is drying up quicker than they budgeted for.

Many people go on to quit vaping. You can step down the nicotine levels all the way to 0. I enjoy it and don't see a compelling reason to stop (unlike my drinking !)Yeah I'm still addicted to nicotine, caffeine as well. Gotta have my morning black coffee too. If people were breathing in burning plant material to get their caffeine this would also cause health problems.