Thread: Kids
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Wombaticus View Post
Told AH tonight about son's mood, previous thoughts about harm, crying episodes, wanting more time with AH.
And guess what? No, you'll never guess!!!
When you said you'll never guess I thought - oh you mean he actually took it seriously and had suggestions and stepped up to the plate!?

Because yes, my guess was he doesn't care.

He deflected and blamed. Its all son's fault. He seems ok, he just wants to do video games, ive consistently tried. "What about the time..." This is all him being manipulative. Etc etc
You know (and yes, I know you know) raising kiddies is hard sometimes! It takes time and effort and going out of your way and going to the football game that you would ignore if they weren't playing and sitting down for dinner and talking.

Most kids would leave that video game in a second if there were another option, like a movie or a lunch out or an activity.

He is too self-centered to see this, of course and everything must be blamed on someone else! It's the law!

Well, down the road he will have next to no relationship with his Son because this won't get better, he won't know him and who he is and your Son will detach (assuming everything stays as it is).

You're right, it isn't your responsibility and I would, personally, just let that blow away in the wind, you can't fix it. You cannot make him see. From your Son's point of view, you defending your Husband on any level will seem like you are taking sides and that can only be bad for your own relationship with him.

Why doesn't he talk to me instead of a counsellor
What a ridiculous statement on so many levels. How on earth can he talk to the man that is responsible for many of his worries and if he did, he would probably blame your Son. Is he so in tune with your son and adolescent concerns in general that he is in a position to counsel someone who has threatened self harm? It's all just saying words that he has heard somewhere and repeating them. This is all quacking.