Thread: Getting Angry
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 12:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
mikoss

I personally was never angry when I drank. At least not at anyone else but myself after the fact. Alcohol always made me calm, relaxed, and happy and gave me a cozy feeling like I was in a safe place even though when I drank I was never in any real danger except to myself. And adding cocaine to the mix made me even more happy and friendly and talkative and even uninhibited to where I would be dancing and singing out loud to songs and just having a blast and enjoying myself.

But alcohol has different effects on people and some people have mentioned that even certain spirits/alcohols would make them angry. For instance I knew people that would tell me, "Oh I can't do tequila because it make me mean and want to cuss people out loud." Or, "I wish I could do whiskey but it makes me want to fight or destroy things."

I can definitely say that suffering from depression and anxiety and other conditions myself that alcohol definitely would amplify those conditions afterwards and then I would be angry at myself and beat myself up (not literally) asking myself why, why, why do I do this to myself and have so much anger towards myself for drinking. And then I would repeat the cycle again and drink more to feel better.

I have seen all sorts of people get angry when drinking alcohol to girls trying to stab their boyfriends with a knife after drinking way too much to guys punching holes in walls from anger when drinking too much. So many things I have seen.

But I would say that no matter what alcohol makes us do, in the end it is not good for us. For me and I am sure for everybody here, since the reason we are all here is to get sober, I just need to find other ways to deal with emotion without alcohol which is why I am trying to remain sober.