View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
AsherCohn1991

Hi Steely. Yes, I am alright. I have a health condition that will require life long observation and care but it is manageable. Staying clean and sober is a big part of keeping things manageable and healthy. And I love that-A heartbeat at a time. Yes, I am very excited and looking forward to the mighty month.

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I agree Asher. The absolute anonymity of SR is what makes it work for me too. I can say things here that I wouldn't say in meetings in fear that 'word would spread'. It's happened to me.

No offence AA people. Many great and good sober people in AA. It helped me once, but don't use it anymore finding SR perfect for me.

Yes it is difficult in the early days Asher, and when you say, "a minute at a time", recall saying to someone that it felt like a heartbeat at a time. Like you, I am slowly starting to reap the benefits.

Forgive me Asher. Did I miss something? You say you have been given an unfortunate health diagnosis. Are you OK?

And like you again, I am beginning to face things that I never thought possible. It's like grief, with joy attached.

Another big congrats Asher, you are heading towards the mighty month.

Yay, all of us.