View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
trailmix

clowery, well, that's one for your books isn't it!

He's on the defense now (again).

I know you probably look at him and think, but he seemed ok! As dandylion mentioned, his mindset is the same, alcoholics don't get to be clear thinkers overnight, it can take months for that fog to clear, once they are sober.

Manipulation, this is another thing I think it's hard to see sometimes. Why would someone even do that? Can't we just reason it out like normal human beings!? Seems to me (and this is just my opinion based on observing) that manipulation becomes a way of life for some people, how else are you going to get your way.

With the alcohol in the middle and that being non-negotiable to the alcoholic, how else can he get his way? He can be as charming and nice as he likes, but as long as he continues to drink the cards are stacked against him. I'm not saying he's some evil mastermind, it's just a way of being (I think) that comes about when you want your way but are constantly living in dysfunction (and are very self-centered).

Personally, I wouldn't mention divorce again until the papers are filed and ready to be signed. It's not a weapon, it's a legal document.

Now you have both flung some arrows, you are at a stalemate.

He doesn't have a problem with his drinking, you do. If you want to change your environment, that's up to you, the ball is in your court.