View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wastinglife

My reason for unemployment is not an excuse, at least, gainful employment. My experience was in finance. Got a DUI, lost my car and driver's license. Lost the job, was evicted from my apartment, girl I was probably going to marry dumped me. Declared bankruptcy. Went to rehab.

While in rehab, I was finally diagnosed at age 35 with ADHD. Great! However, my former career was finished. Financial institutions are very thorough in the vetting process. A DUI is a criminal record here, and I was bankrupt. Did odd jobs but realized that I am pretty much screwed. Have had many job interviews. Only sales jobs I can get. Because they don't care too much about background checks. I can't do the sales jobs. Just making 200 cold calls a day is not sustainable. I drink at these jobs because they are so monogamous.

I got out of rehab in 2011. My therapist said to get a job as a security guard. My father said to just work at McDonald's. I have too many red flags to be hired as either. I can't even mop floors for McDonald's. I am a criminal with no credit.

I am a 43 year old former stockbroker. I can't even get a job with McDonald's!

I can't stay sober for long. 10 months is the longest I have gone. I just hate everything about being alive. I am not going to be able to carry on much longer. Not suicidal now, but I just won't continue like this. I spent the last 8 Christmases alone. Only one of my friends who is not married with kids. Exiled from family pretty much. Now I am draining my father's money because I would be homeless otherwise.

I just have no hope.