Old 02-07-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Indigochild

Originally Posted by amh293 View Post
@indigochild is there anything I can say or do to get him to stop being this cruel and hurtful and just be willing to come back and put in effort to the relationship or when he says in his drastic text messages that "we will never speak again in life" is that most likely the truth? He will go change and be better for a new girl but me who was with him for 3 years wasn't enough to fight for
I wrote a note to myself, to read whenever I feel sad. A striking point I wrote to myself was, 'When someone shows you who they are, and who they are is somebody who absolutely does not deserve you, take note and respectfully close the door.'

This might not be who he was and who you fell in love with but it is who he is now and he does not sound like someone you should waste your clear devotion on. If you show him you are willing to not only put up with his disrespect but actively ignore it and continue to be devoted, he will know that you are there to seriously use and abuse at his will. He has no respect for you now and I believe that is unlikely to change. It really is a hard thing to accept but you are prolonging your pain by choosing to ignore him when he is showing you who he is 💜