Old 02-06-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
amh293

@ trailmix As for your question about people bailing on relationships after rehab, yes, I've heard that a few times. Could be that they want to start fresh, could be that they want to leave all that hurt and pain they caused behind, could be that they aren't thinking straight, well that's kind of a given, the not thinking straight.

^ so when you say this, does this mean he very well could be sober even with the red flags and just lost feelings for me but never communicated them and stuck it out if he is in recovery?? Is this likely possibility ?

@Abandoned80 I would LOVE to connect! I tried to PM you but it says I cannot message until I have 15 posts?? Is there another way we could connect? It sounds like we have similar stories and I would love to get your insight let me know!

@helpfultoothers Am I misunderstanding when you say " I can feel your pain and I've been there. I think it's common for even people with years of recovery to abruptly end things, because of the rewiring of their brain, or perhaps as trail mix said, the mindset that is picked up when you are an addict."

^Are you saying it is likely that he did end things because after 30 days of rehab his brain is already rewired enough to the point that he feels differently despite the red flags? and if hes sober (which do we really think he is??) he doesn't love me anymore? I don't quite understand the piece about the mindset that is picked up when you are an addict? From what I said is it more likely relapse or he fell out of love and is sober/ in recovery?
Please explain more

@indigochild is there anything I can say or do to get him to stop being this cruel and hurtful and just be willing to come back and put in effort to the relationship or when he says in his drastic text messages that "we will never speak again in life" is that most likely the truth? He will go change and be better for a new girl but me who was with him for 3 years wasn't enough to fight for