View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 08:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
trailmix

Absolutely. He has a family that is probably exhausted from years of this, probably over enmeshed in his problems that are looking for ANY solution.

They haven't yet learned that just because he says I need this or that does not make it true.

He calls them crying saying all I need is Missmac, I love her and our Son and she wont speak to me and what have I done and quack quack quack.

We know this is just him grasping at straws, hoping that something external will fix whatever is wrong on the inside.

They look at that and think if SHE would just this and that and support him and and and, all would be well. They are forgetting two things. One, that this probably isn't the first time he has said - if just this that or whatever, I could quit! Also that you are a grown up person with your own life, your own responsibilities and a Son to look after and maybe you aren't willing to get on that particular bandwagon.

So what they think of all this in their desperation to "fix" him (which they can't) is truly not your burden.

He has family and he has a staff of people, a place to stay, therapy, trained individuals to help, a structured environment and nothing to do but look after himself.

If he chooses that, that's great. If not, that's on him, not you or the family (although they will probably blame you).

It's truly ridiculous. You didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it. If you could, he would already be sober.