Thread: Complete Mess
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 03:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Ive had my cell number for many years. I use it for both work & personal. Changing that number is not an option.

But even if I did change that number - does it all really end there? I think not.

She knows everything about me. She knows where I live. She knows where I work. She knows my routine. If my number was changed & she couldn't get through to me, she would track me down. Even this last go round she mentioned just showing up if I didn't respond to her. My point is if she gets it in her head to talk to me she will figure out how to make that happen. Shes a clever girl.

Denial is extremely strong in our addicts. Its what closes their ears to hearing anything about the truth. They know they are addicts. They know destruction. They just cant do anything about it. Mine knows all this - she just cant do anything about it.

The trap - well yes we all have to learn to navigate around those darn traps & not get caught by them. Its part of a learning process for us. I think its extremely important for us to recognize that there are traps & maybe also our weaknesses concerning loving an addict.