Thread: Just an update.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trailmix

More rollercoaster! Which is par for the course.

As for the rest, sounds like business as usual, however you are sounding so strong. You know what you want and you aren't going to settle for less for you or your children, that's great FWN.

This probably is not the best idea, but I told him we are both working on ourselves during this separation but also keeping our relationship in tact for now. I want to call him when I want to call him. Text when I want to text. Not feel pressured either way. And I don't want to talk t him after 6pm in case he chooses to drink that night. But oh by the way, if he does choose to drink that night and goes down THAT path and isn't truly serious about quitting than I'm just done and ready to divorce.
I'm confused about this.

If you want to talk to him when you want to talk to him and not make any rule/boundary about that, why don't you want to talk to him after 6 PM? It keeps you from knowing if he's been drinking and allows him to drink without you knowing?

In no way am I suggesting for a second that you become the 6 PM alcohol monitor. I just don't understand the no boundary, boundary I guess?