Old 01-24-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
helpfultoothers

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
as a way to deal with your obsession with men and texting, have you considered getting rid of your smart phone, getting a good ole flip phone and thus cutting the head off the snake? as a former drug addict (among other things!), the only way i got clean and stayed clean was to put drugs OUT of my life permanently. i could no longer "feed the beast" and have any hope of recovery.
Hi Anvilhead,

I use a smartphone for work and this obsession started before smartphones were even invented. I've done the 12 steps of Love Addicts Anonymous numerous times and I've been been a sponsor.

I've gone no contact all men for 6 months 2 times now, as it's still been a problem. The biggest thing is I still live with my estranged husband who is mean to me, so my therapist says I overtext fall in love with other men as a way to avoid dealing with getting a divorce. Husband finally asked for a divorce last year, but we ran into some legal difficulties, so it's on hold. I just have to pull the bandaid and do it, even though it causes extreme anxiety as I'm tapering off of benzos now, too, per my psychiatrist. I have an extreme anxiety disorder, and worry that divorce will cause me to lose my job.

So it's something I really need to do yet again. Once I'm really on my own I won't be looking for an "escape" so to speak.