Old 01-24-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
venuscat

Reposting this for jr67.

And love and good morning everyone.....massive hugs. ❤️

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
Hey SendSleep, top o' the mornin' to ya.

Do you have a bike there in NYC? Prospect Park is a great place to ride, as you know (but some folks from Manhattan, a few subway stops away, or Melbourne, a few thousand miles away and then some, or maybe Mayfair or Malibu, ditto and ditto, may not appreciate). And let's not forget Mayberry, shall we? It's hard to imagine Aunt Bea tearing down the cycle track, but people are full of surprises, whether fictional or IRL, don't you think?

Or, of course, they (the ones in Manhattan) can ride their bikes across the Brooklyn Bridge, but if they've done that (like I have a few times) they probably know about the bike paths in PP.

If not, do you have a bike somewhere else that you could bring into the city?

There's always renting for an hour or a day, right there in Prospect Park I vaguely recall, or nearby. Or if you nail that presentation Tuesday and are still employed, two facts of which I have no doubt, you could buy one, a worthy investment in your health, spirit, and future (continuingly sober) overall self.

Just an idea for you, SS. You too, dear readers from any of those M places, or the rest of the alphabet and globe, but you should probably plan on renting unless you have a bike rack. I've never actually been to Mayberry, but I have a very hard time picturing Aunt Bea loading her Giant or Raleigh racer onto a roof rack and tooling up I-95 to NYC and over to Prospect Park to take a spin, but if she is reading this, she should think about riding it down to Coney Island since she's come so far.

Stranger Things have happened. (I just watched an ep last night, in fact, on the flixter.)

Quiz:

1. What's a coney, besides a barrier beach area in Brooklyn with a pretty amazing roller coaster that jr rode on his thirtieth birthday?

2. What's the name of the roller coaster?

3. What's the name of the amusement park?

4. In what U. S. state do most of the stranger things in Stranger Things take place?

5. Were you born yet?

6. What do you call natives of the answer to Q4?

Extra credit:

7. Name all 3 amusement parks at Coney Island back in the day. I mean today, name all 3 parks from back in the day.

True or false:

8. jr's father was born in the Bedford-Styvesant section of Brooklyn.

9. jr is married to a man who is an answer to Q6.

10. jr is married to a man who is an answer to jr's dreams, who is buttoning up his shirt for work as jr types this Q.

11. jr is married to a man.

12 jr is married.

13. jr is a man.

14. jr is dreaming.

More extra pts:

15. When is jr's father's birthday?

16. What are the ingredients to the mocktail with which jr toasted his father's most recent birthday?

17. If jr is married what date is his anniversary?

18. It's still a few months away but what should jr get for his spouse, if jr is married to either a man or a woman?

19. Which of the following most closely approximates how they say "oil" in Brooklyn, esp. if they were born there before you were born?

(a) erl

(b) earl

(c) duke.

20. In The Patty Duke Show, what Brooklyn neighborhood was the one from which Patty had only seen the sights, while her identical cousin Cathy adored crepes suzettes, the Ballet Russe, and minuets?

21. Do you know how to make crepes suzettes?

22. If the answer to 21 is yes, do you feel like coming over for Sunday brunch? I'll make the Shirley Temple mocktails.

Answers due whenever you get around to it, including never if that's how you feel about it.

Have a good weekend anyway.