View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
jr67

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Went to a job interview yesterday at 10AM downtown. Had reservations from start but I tried to stay optimistic. It was a nightmare and I ended up calling the agency and telling them that even if they offered me the position, I would decline.

I'm not a city person, I ended up going wrong way on a one way, parking would be $9-$16 per day. Commute is 40 minutes minimum. Never done this so I am bummed out. But I have to be realistic.

Called my wife immediately and said it wasn't going to work. She understood, she is a saint.

Am I unemployable? Do I come across as a difficult person?
Hi thomas11.

I am waking up (early) on my Day 23 of sobriety and 17th or so day on SR. How lucky I am to have come across this thread early today, as it is yet one more source of the energy and inspiration I am finding here.

I'm not sure I can add to the perspectives and the specific tips relayed by the other posters, they have covered the waterfront, so to speak, so thoroughly.

But I want to congratulate you, t11, for your demonstratoon of so many life skills any employer worthy of your talents will be lucky to bring on board: self-awareness; a healthy vulnerability; decisiveness; practical, analytical thinking; intellectual curiosity; wisdom.

As you said in your second.post above:

"I am at a stage in my life where the quality of my life matters. I want time to read, workout, play with my dog, talk to my wife, research things etc...."

Wise words, mr. t. Your future employer will have made a smart decision in hiring you.