View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Surrendered19

I'm sorry Spacegoat. Complex PTSD sounds beyond scary. I also know how maddening dealing with the government can be. I work for a local government and I spend no small amount of my time the last many years trying to get govt. employees to realize how much power they have. They can help make someone's life better or not. It is, in many cases, up to them.

I will go to my grave not understanding why you wouldn't choose to wield your little slice of government power and authority to do good - every single time. You bothered to get out of bed, go to work down at City Hall, so why not get something positive done. I have observed an infinite number of elaborate work avoidance mechanisms and they all begin with telling people "no" when that is not the only answer there is. The bureaucracy is a rough rough beast. I have probably talked directly with a thousand govt. workers about this issue and have spoken about the issue to many thousands of people and I don't feel like I've made a whit of difference.

But my vow to you SpaceGoat is to always keep trying to get my colleagues to do good for the people we are supposed to be serving, including you.