View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jr67

Originally Posted by VinnyMcM View Post
Going back to work tomorrow. I have been off work since my detox in the ER on December 17th. I’ve never been off work for more than a week and those were vacations. Even when I switched jobs, I would start the new one the day after.

I could’ve went back a few days after my detox but I ultimately decided to take an unpaid month off. Just to take some time and refocus my life. It has been so hectic over the past 5 years that I never took the time to slow down.

Scared and excited at the same time. Scared that I now have to face a job with knowing I can’t reward myself with a buzz at the end of the day. Excited that I’m going to finally live a life that I can be proud of.

My vacation is over. Over the past month I have really cherished my extra time with the kids, got my priorities in order, lost 12 pounds and got cleared by my doctor that I’m perfectly healthy again. Most importantly I started down the road of sobriety and rediscovering the person that my family can be proud of.

It’s been a helluva month
What a great use of your time, VMc.

Now you have to face your job (btw is it the same job?) with knowing you can reward yourself with: extra time with the kids; maintaining and revising the order of your priorities; eating well, exercising, continue to rediscover the person that your family can be proud of, including, if I may be so bold, your SR family, and including last, and most: Vinny McM, because Skinny Vinny and the rest of the items on the list rely on VinnyMcM being proud of VinnyMcM.

And what about ice fishing? You are from Wisconsin, right? Take the kids? How old are they?