View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

I don't know your background, but if it is anything close to me I can offer my testimony regarding quitting.

I quit after a health scare. I was 50 years old. I had been drinking off and on for about 45 years.

When it came to work, folks were nice, but there were always some fun jabs about my drinking issues. I don't care what people really think.

Mentally, i was a mess for several months. I could feel myself healing, but it wasn't happening fast. Relapse loomed routinely. I suffered like hell to get through the first several months.

As I passed 1 year, I almost relapsed. As I passed 2 years, same thing.

Now here I am, I don't really crave, but I deal with all the issues associated with the crave. Mostly obsessions and routine mental what if scenarios that have negative consequences. Weird? Insane? Yes and yes.

It is ok. Because I am clean as a whistle. I could easily end up on meds, but if I made it this far without them, no need to start now.

I can feel myself getting better and dealing with life every moment. I really has boiled down to taking care of me and my family.

Everything else is a very distant third place.

I pray constantly.

Thanks.