Thread: Another update
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FarmhouseGal

As much as we want our addicts to embrace recovery, it also has to be a true and honest effort on their part. I’m getting the feeling this is unfortunately not the case. I’m sorry for that. Even if he did embrace sobriety, right now, would you be “all in” 100%? Would you want to stay with him, during and after? That’s the tough question. Also one that deserves a true and honest answer, from yourself, for yourself. It’s time to put YOU first for a change.

I too feel pretty much emotionless towards my AH. I simply can’t let that chaos back into my life. I look at him now and don’t feel much of anything. It’s scary, yet one of the only things that saves me right now. I don’t know quite what to call it, self preservation? So you are not alone or wrong in that. It’s called being human, and one can only handle so much before we start to break.

Dont let your AH’s drinking, detox, rehab, sobriety or lack thereof deter you from what you deserve. You know you and your children are what matters most. Empower yourself and let him worry about him. When all is said and done you can only rely on one person in your life to make things better, YOU 💗