View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
flower959

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
BPD, sociopathy, narcissism, depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, how on earth could anyone say with an alcoholic.

I think, when they are truly in to their addiction, it would be impossible to diagnose. I think alcoholism can look like all of the above on some days (or heck, all the time).

Alcoholism is also a mental illness (in my opinion), which symptoms to all the above does it share? Many.

If you are getting nothing out of it, why do you stay?
We talked about this yesterday in my session.

Every so often, he pulls me back in and I get a glimpse of who I married. There are still some good times.

2 reasons
1. I don't want to hurt him.
2. I worry about what's to happen if I did walk away as I think he's suicidal. Is it narcissistic of me to think that? I know that I'm not responsible for his actions, and I have no control over that but thinking about the guilt that would consume me. . . .

Also-to be honest, I'm a bit afraid. I'm afraid of being alone. Would it be even lonelier than being with him? I don't have kids. I have few friends that I only get together with every so often (I'm an introvert). I don't have a real strong support system.