View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

DayTrader, I was going to take this to PM because I was worried about things getting too heated in here, but since they did get a little warm... let me change tack a bit. I have enjoyed reading your insights throughout SR and I'm certain there's something to glean here, so I think maybe I'm just missing something.

Your comments "seem" to be in response to others, but they are almost if not entirely centered on either your experience or detached citations of the literature. I think this is deliberate, but I'm confused at your meaning. Are you correcting/guiding (some of) us or simply sharing what the BB instructs and your experience with that? If it's the former, I guess I'd benefit from some direct instruction - like specifically, what is it that you think I'm (or perhaps others are) missing? If it's the latter, I'm pretty sure I completely get what you're saying. I just don't entirely agree. If I lived in a vacuum, sure. Or as a hermit on a mountain, definitely. It behooves us to be at peace within ourselves, for sure. Anything external that disturbs that inner peace needs to be somehow... absorbed and quieted or more effectively externalized, at least at times. I cannot carry the weight of the world on my shoulders 24/7 or it will surely break me and I'll be no good to anyone.

All of that notwithstanding (or maybe taken into consideration), I stand by my conviction that it is my responsibility to myself and others and most of all to the higher power of my limited understanding to refute intolerance in the most loving way I can muster. S/He doesn't really care if I address that while I'm smoking on the porch outside of the meeting, at dinner with some work acquaintances, or in the line at the Piggly Wiggly. S/He just doesn't want me to have to breath in second-hand garbage and choke on the fumes. Not any more. No sir.

But anyhow, can you kindly clarify the intent of your recent posts?

O