View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
LastInLine

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
You have concluded that you know why your friends aren't around anymore without giving them the benefit of asking them. Just ask them. It wasn't all up to you I think.
They're sort of still around, it's just that we don't do things together anymore because they probably sensed that I wanted to be left alone, for whatever reason. I talked to one of them today and asked him to meet me for lunch, but he was too busy, but we'll probably do lunch tomorrow.

I told my wife I want to reconnect with friends and family now, but especially with her, because she's the one who really got the worst of my drinking because we don't have children at home, so most evenings it was just her, me, and my beer, so really just her by herself and me alone with my beer. This is the thing that bothers me most about all that time drinking and what prompted me to do decide to quit, although my marriage was far from the only thing suffering, every aspect of my life was falling apart.

So it's not that I think it's all about me, but I know that the reason no one came around me anymore is because I became very reclusive and unsociable. My wife even told me this on many occasions. I'm just going to make an effort to reconnect, no questions asked.