View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 05:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
LastInLine

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Isolating with our drug of choice, here it’s alcohol, is so very common. In my case it was my wine in my LUCY Kitchen watching TV. One of the reasons I thought I wasn’t “hurting anyone”. My hubby & son were off doing their life and I wasn’t out driving my car. Just safe & blackout drunk each night ....

P.S. My drinking time began with dinner, then cooking dinner, I ended up beginning at 3:00pm. I’m convinced, given more time, I would have progressed and began morning drinking.
I found myself starting at noon on weekends the past few months especially. We literally stopped going anywhere, because I was already too drunk to drive by 12:30pm. My wife was getting so upset by that, along with everything else about my drinking. I literally just removed everything from my life except working and drinking. As soon as I would get off work, I would have a beer in hand as soon as getting in the door. Or if working from home, I'd walk straight to the fridge and grab a beer as soon as logging out from my PC.

It's very sad what we can do with alcohol, it really is. I was just like you also, in that I thought I wasn't hurting anyone else, but I was and I know it. I don't know how my wife stayed with me, I really don't, she has the patience of a saint.