Old 01-09-2020, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

The way I see it, it took a miracle for us to get this far. For the stars, the planets, the sun and all to line up just perfectly. Our birth alone is a miracle.

I was born in America in the 1970s. I have so much stuff that I can quickly forget about that primitive man did not have. All day I knew I was going to get my dinner at the grocery store. I didn't have to worry about hunting down some wild animal, hoping there would even be a next meal. I'm sitting here enjoying the heater pumping out seemingly unlimited hot air on a January night. Not bad compared to most humans throughout history.

Look at all your HP has given you. For me it's about just trusting where my HP is going to take me. Living life on life's terms. Just accepting the circumstances and making the best of them. It allows me to not care anymore, just like alchohol did. The serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. I think we say that so much at meetings that its starts to go in one ear and out the other. I think its absolutely huge.

Whatever this HP is, it got you this far why not just trust it? I dont mean expect your HP to just fix your life without you putting in any effort. I mean do your best at whatever you do, work, school, marriage, parenting, etc. and knowing you have given your best let the chips fall. Maybe things happen for a reason, maybe even our struggles with alchohol will eventually shape us into better people.