Thread: Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nez

Sponsors are just flesh and blood like the rest of us and as such their advice is strictly their own and will vary from one to another. Along the same lines you will probably get a lot of opinions from flesh and blood people on what sponsors should or shouldn't do.

I generally try to stay away from giving advice and opinions, but instead will share a bit of my story and you can do what what you want with the info.

When I left a 28 day rehab, my counselor, who had been in the same industry (restaurant) as me suggested that I find another profession due to the constant presence of alcohol and the prevailing attitudes in the workplace from both workers and guests.

Being stubborn and an owner, I didn't take his advice and returned to my business and 70+ plus hour work weeks. It may not have been the easiest path, but I now have over 16 years of recovery.

I hope this helps you sort through your situation and questions. On a side note, I hope the best for you and your son. I have no regrets over the past 16 years as recovery has far exceeded my wildest imagination. Today I know peace and serenity.