Thread: Day 28
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
16YearsDrunk

Originally Posted by cantsleep123 View Post
Sleep was restless last night but better than nothing. I'm going to meet up with an AA'er for coffee and then got to a men's only meeting. Later my wife and I will go to the 5:30 open discussion. We went to dinner with family last night and there was more drinking than usual which upset my wife for a bit. We talked through it and sat at the end of the table with my Mom (not drinking), my teenage sister, and my young niece. Eventually we had a good sober time goofing off with them while the drinkers were loud and obnoxious, then surly. I didn't really have any feelings towards the drinking nor felt the urge to join in but it definitely affected my wife negatively so I think we will decline future outings for a while.
Awesome post. I dislike being sober around drunk people. Every drunk person seems obnoxious and emotionally all over the place. Not knocking their choice of beverage, and I've been there myself, but it's just an uncomfortable situation to be around. I attended my first family meal today since quitting and also sat with nieces and nephews. It's fun goofing around with the kids and spending those memorable moments with them. Moments they will likely remember for a long time to come.

Well done. 28 days is a great achievement and it sounds like you've got your head screwed on.