Thread: Complete Mess
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 10:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She got on Medicaid & went away to rehab. She just got out.
Last falI I was contacted through a third party that my son, missing for over 15 years, had just got out of prison, was clean and...*HUGE RED FLAG*...living with his support worker from the John Howard Society (a group that helps newly released prisoners find work and housing). She was his coordinator and I am absolutely certain that this is unethical, and probably against the company rules, to move a recently released prisoner in with you.

I told the third party that I wanted 6 months, to see how his recovery was or was not, going. Not one month passed and he was back at it, as I sadly suspected he would be.

The difference between this time and all the times before was that this time I chose not to join the circus, to embrace my own recovery and stay diligent to not get drawn in again, even after all these years. I pray for my son every day and turn his care over to God. I accept that he may never get clean and that nothing I do or do not do will change that...it's what HE does or does not do that will make a difference. It's all between my son and God and this mama has let the circus leave town without her.

My point here, Hardlessons, is that she is recently out of Rehab. She has not established her own plan for recovery, and sadly, she may return to old ways blaming all the misfortune in her life, rather than taking responsibility for it and fighting to stay clean.

You have done well, going no contact. I am so glad her daughter is safe, she is the innocent here.

Take a deep breath and make a plan for your recovery. You may need it more than ever now.

Hugs