View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Charon

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Puppy puppy puppy!!!!!
I say go for it....you will get a new lease of life. s xx
I want to make sure I'm up to the commitment first. I'm 73 and 16 more years puts me at 89 - if I make it that long. A puppy would help insure that I make it there, but would I be able to properly take care of its needs at that point?

I got the new clamps yesterday and am glad I waited. I had clamps I could have used but these worked so much easier. I got the box glued up yesterday. I'll build a fire today and do the final sanding of the outside today. Once that's done I'll saw it in half to seperate the lid from the base, cut the slots for the hinges and start to apply the finish. I'll bring it into the basement for the finish because that will take applications at hour intervals over 3-6 hours.

Mrs is still working on setting up her new laptop. I do not envy her. I moved all her files from the old laptop and the last thing was to move her email. It had been moved at least once before so there are now layers upon layers - 2007 emails in three (or more) sets of redundant folders. And once she got the mail server set up, everything from the last iteration (that was still on the server) poured into her inbox - just over 1500 additional, duplicate emails. I would hate to have to deal with that mess. Not my zoo, not my monkeys. (thanks James).

Roads were slick and getting worse so I tried to attend the F2F on-line. Once again it didn't work. I doubt very much anyone else showed up, so no great loss. I'm hoping we can test over this week and get it straightened out before the next meeting. I want to attend and don't really want to stay home just to figure this out.