View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
SunnyCoastK

Originally Posted by Sobertoday54 View Post
Welcome aboard Sunny. I’m 54, have a good job too, and have drank pretty much every day for 15 years. I finally jumped in and registered this fall. I’m at that point in my life where I’ve decided the hangovers and the wasted evenings drinking to get numb is enough. I’m at a point in my life where I want to see what I can be like not hungover every morning, and not drunk every night.
If I can do this, so can you. Take it a day at a time, and you’ll figure out the reasons why you drink as it comes. Could be like me you’re hiding from your past, or sometimes bored, or some other reason.
You’re in a good place here.
Hello Sobertoday54 and thank you for the welcome! Seems we are in the same boat, I appreciate your company and I know this is something we can do and that we will reap the rewards of sober living. All those reasons apply, good lord the boredom truly applies which is why I’m planning to pick up my crochet project again, hit the library for some great books to read, prepare healthy meals and exercise, lots of things to do other than getting wasted to pass the time.