View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SunnyCoastK

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Welcome, SunnyCoastK and Happy New Year to you!

Having lurked, you already know what a fine diverse group of supportive folks frequent these halls. I am certain you will find it even more so now that you've taken the dive and presented yourself.

Recognizing how you've been burying your past hurts in alcohol is an enormous stride in the right direction. It's something I've always known, but didn't really fully understand because I didn't have the capacity to put it all together.

While I'm usually fussy about grammar, punctuation, and run-on sentences, I try to give myself a break here and most certainly will give you a pass! But I do like it that you care - I sense we'll get along swimmingly.

Please stick around.

O
Awwww, hello O!

Thank you for the welcome and Happy New Year to you as well. I’m so glad to have made the decision to register and post today. Until today I didn’t feel worthy of posting or participating, but that was my underlying shame in continually resetting my sobriety counter. I feel there’s been an internal shift where I respect myself now and it feels like the right time in my life to be here. To open my heart, to be vulnerable, to seek a place in this community and to demonstrate to myself that I AM doing this.

Who doesn’t like a run on sentence now and then, and I shouldn’t have used forsaking but it was first post jitters ha ha ha! (And I didn’t say I was a high functioning alcoholic, wink wink!) ;-)

Looking forward to enjoying many sober milestones with you guys!