View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Charon

F2F tonight. I'll probably be the only one again, but you would think right before New Years eve there would be a lot of people needing a meeting. It's raining and if it keeps on into the night it might make the roads slick. That would keep people away.

I spent nost of yesterday helping Mrs configure and move files from her old (and it's really old - one of the first Win 7's) to her new laptop. Some of it went easily. It's still chugging away on the restore of the Win 7 files to the Win 10 machine. It had stopped to ask what to do with a duplicate file. Once it finishes I'll check it and make sure nothing is amiss. The Win 7 machine was a total mess. Mrs doesn't believe in organization. Her desktop had probably 50 shortcuts - not even grouped in any way. I could never live with that kind of jumble.

Of course I was a programmer/analyst so I had to be very structured. Funny how I could have so much discipline with that and so little with drinking at the end. Well, at least I've regained control. Now I only need to maintain it. I'm still short time (about 7 months) but it's getting langer every day and it feels good.

One gift Mrs gave me was a card with a picture of a puppy in it with the message "Come find me". Her way of saying it's OK if I want to get a puppy. I thanked her but reassured her that she might be right - that it might be more than I want to take on.

I decided to wait till I could take care of my son's dogs when they go away for a week so I can get up at 5 am to take them out and take care of their needs all day into the evening/night. We usually spread the care between us but I'd like to see if I can do it entirely on my own before committing. I want to know that I could give the best of care - best of love is no problem.