View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
SoberStevie

Well done Mary and Reid and Cute
So sorry Red, no words...take care.
Pouncer - so sorry about your beloved dog, you are doing really well coping with this I know how hard it is when a pet is poorly.

Can any one help with what happened today please? I am 36 days sober, and haven't had anything more than mild cravings, which I have coped with. First week of withdrawal - not too bad, the lack of sleep was the main issue, but that improved after a couple of weeks.
So, this evening, well late afternoon, I got really anxious and panicky, could feel my heart racing, felt really stressed, on the verge of a panic attack. I did some deep breathing, and after a couple of hours of feeling very agitated, it passed. Am fine now. At no time did I want a drink, and I don't know why it happened, nothing had stressed me, usual day, a nice day actually.
Is this late withdrawal do you think? I know we're all different, but I suppose I'm asking if any of you have had something like this after 5 weeks clean? I expected something like this in the first week, but the anxiety I had then was much less severe than this.
Thanks
And love to all
Sx